The first time I was exposed to entrepreneurship was sixth grade. My Earth Science teacher posed all her students with an interesting task: come up with an invention that will help improve lives. This task was one I felt unequipped to complete, however I did my best work and ended up creating what I called The Super Binder. Since many of my peers were forgetful, I decided to make a binder that contained all the school supplies a student would need for a day as a twelve year old, such as scissors, pens, and tape. I still remember presenting this idea in class, my palms sweating and heart racing. Though I had a big fear of speaking publicly, I was so excited to share my creation. My peers came up with highly creative inventions. In fact, I distinctly remember a friend of mine inventing peripheral shields for those who often get carsick. From this project on, I realized the amount of potential there is to innovate using creativity. I decided to enroll in this class because my desire to create has never died. I hope to learn what I should be considering when developing an app and how to think like an entrepreneur.

Someone created peripheral shields for carsickness? I didn't even know that was a thing! Your class was highly innovative! I myself think that your idea of a super binder is superb - I misplace pens and pencils so SO often and rather than having a pencil pouch, keeping everything in one big binder would be very convenient. I'm glad this class has re-awakened the entrepreneurial spirit in you!
ReplyDeleteYour entrepreneurship tale is as close as you can get to textbook classic entrepreneurship as for as I'm concerned. You managed to create and draft an original idea for a unique purpose and even more than that, pitched that same idea to a group of your peers. Not to mention the features of your original idea are inline with needs of mine and others as well; all around your experience seems to be very high in entrepreneurship and i'm sure you'll do well.
ReplyDelete