- Glasses falling off your face
- Nose pads are not designed to be adhesive, nor shaped for the individual wearing them
- Starbucks coffee cups do not retain heat for long enough
- Cheap product is used
- Temperature of a drink being too hot or cold
- Containers do not show temperature
- Nail salons are unable to get the proper shape and size
- They are forced to guess and ask clients, who often make assumptions and end up unhappy
- Fabric losing its color after a first wash
- Dye lacks potency and preservation
- Brita containers running out of filtered water too quickly
- Too small
- Doors not being able to lock from the outside, unless they have a specific knob
- Doors are typically designed to lock solely from the inside, but on occasion, there is a need for this, too
- Signs in Walmart are hard to identify
- This is done like this to force you to walk around the store and buy more things
- Uber drivers play bad music
- No feature on Uber exists to select ride preferences, such as music selection
- iPhone is designed for right-handed
- There are less left-handed people in the world, so things are made for the majority
- Movie theaters are too loud
- They make the audio loud enough for all to hear, while not considering those with sensitive hearing
- Rings slip off or are difficult to get off those with arthritis
- They are built to fit regular fingers, not for arthritis fingers
- Advising lines take forever
- There is no express lane for those with a single question
- Chargers break easily
- They aren’t made strong enough
- Slow traffic lights when there is no one waiting on the other end
- Traffic lights mainly work on a timer and not sensors
- When soda is flat
- Containers are not made to retain the bubbles
- Volume of waiting music on phones
- No leveling of audio
- Women’s bathrooms with no purse hook
- They aren't put in to save money or because it isn't considered important
- When food doesn’t microwave equally
- Heating works in a way that doesn't defrost equally.
- Wet socks
- Socks soak up water when exposed to it
This was slightly challenging to think up on the spot, however, once I started to pay more attention to my environment, I got into a groove and it was not as difficult.
You provide a lot of real daily hassles that i think we all encounter so so frequently. What really amazes me is that these are things we've learned to accept when there is such an opportunity to create some type of solution to solve it. I'm glad that you were able to come up with these problems; its made me think about the nature of why they exactly are, and then focus on innovative ways that we can solve them!
ReplyDeleteI really like the insights you bring of the everyday problems we face. This assignment was challenging for me at first too and I'm impressed with the things you wrote down that I didn't think of, such as the volume of waiting music, chargers breaking easily, and wet socks. Keep thinking up problems and once you identify the problem think of possible solutions!
ReplyDeleteI think you brought up very interesting bugs that we deal with daily with some people dealing with it more than others. I also thought this assignment was challenging because you never really think about these problems, but when you have thought of them right there on the spot it can be difficult because these bugs are just minor annoyances and not Earth-shattering problems.
ReplyDeleteI think the craziest thing about this assignment was that when I came up with my list of 20 problems, I felt like I had pointed out most of the problems that I deal with. Then, I read through over posts such as this, and it is easy to realize just how many opportunities there actually are! When reading your reflection, I think that it really does point out the fact that when we actually pay attention to our environment, we can better identify problems that are right there in front of us. This was a great post to read through, and you really brought up some quite interesting "bugs".
ReplyDeleteAs I read your comments I realized how your bugs are things that people accept as a regular thing without having the need to fix them. I believe that way of thinking is very good as it will be easier to come up with more opportunities that no one else would think of. I agree with how you said that once you got in the groove it was easier to come up with things as that was the same for me.
ReplyDelete