Friday, February 15, 2019

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1


I am a college student studying business and economics. I love to write music and organize things. I’m a good leader and am very creative. I aspire to be a creator, whether in entertainment content, contracts as a lawyer, or an entrepreneur. 

I see UNIMEET as a way for college students to connect with people, customizing what they are looking for. UNIMEET can be professional, or social. The app can serve as a university-style LinkedIn, helping students get connections or get involved in clubs or opportunities around campus. It also can help freshman, transfer students, or people seeking new friendships to meet people outside their typical circle. 

My customers are likely more female than male. They are on the lonelier side and have the common goal of making a connection with someone (pun intended). This app matters to them because it can make them find friends and feel less alone in a large college campus. You can’t put a price tag on friendship. 

What sets me apart from others is my experience with social media and dating apps. I’ve worked as a social media manger, so I understand the human patterns that develop from instant gratification and the desire that stems from dating apps to be seen as initially as a game or pastime. I met my boyfriend from a dating app that I swore I would only use to swipe on when bored, so I truly have faith in applications for connection. 

The elements that make up who I am and what I can do, as well as what this app is, what it can do and who it can do it for, together form what I believe is a potentially successful business concept. My background and personal experience as a dating app user and college student makes me aware of what the customer would want and have the desire to learn more and continue developing to make this app a success for those seeking a friend. 

4 comments:

  1. This seems to be the next phase of facebook. As Facebook was initially focused on connecting college students. I would be very interested what categories you would focus on to help people connect. I believe making friends is difficult for all those groups you spoke about. It is also interesting that you were able to use an app and make a deeper connection with someone than intended. Would this same app be immediate competition? I like the name and think it is very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea is a really good one as it’s hard to find clubs or even know about all the types of events going on at school. I think it’ll be very popular as I have a friend who took s while to find a group of girls that she wanted to hang with and do stuff with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole,
    I think this is a great idea, the unmet need is clearly defined as well as the demographic. I like that you noted that females would be more likely to use the app/service. With your previous work and social experiences, it seems that you have the concept ironed out and would have no problem pushing such a product out in today's market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you connected your personal self with the idea you are focusing your time into. You definitely have a conceivable idea that can be put in place and it seems like you know how to look into yourself and bring out your strengths. By recognizing your strengths you can learn to emphasize them to help nail down your idea, so great job.

    ReplyDelete