To keep up with this course, I have made sure to use an agenda to stay organized and plan ahead. Organization and focus have been keep behaviors I have used. I felt like giving up when I got a 67% on a quiz that I studied for 7 hours for in calculus. I pulled through by talking to family and friends and developing new study habits. I do think I’ve become more tenacious in the past two months because of the people I am surrounding myself with and the content I am consuming from entrepreneurs and successful individuals.
I would suggest noticing and grabbing opportunities that can help them feel more involved and a part of the community, like visiting the UF Innovate Hub or Collaboratory for Women. Another recommendation is to watch videos or read books of successful entrepreneurs that have a tenacious mindset, like Gary Vaynerchuk. Finally, I would encourage making a promise to continue studying and working, even after doing poorly on some assignments.
I appreciate your honesty and believe this was all valuable information. Though I don't plan to take the class again, I will keep some of these tips for myself as I could relate to some of the issues. Tenacity is difficult and can take a true sense of perseverance to keep on track. Though we can be dedicated to a task, failure is unfortunately a common outcome. I love the idea of focusing on surrounding yourself with encouraging people and allowing them to pour into you when you lack the strength to push through. An agenda was my greatest decision for passing this course. There is a lot going on and a lot is expected, so having something keep you on track, keeps you from forgetting or overlooking anything.
ReplyDelete